Same Day Dental Crowns
in Santa Maria
Same Day Crowns
If you are suffering from decayed or damaged teeth, Dr. Jerry Yu offers same-day crowns to restore your smile to its full capacity. Using an on-site CEREC® machine at our Santa Maria, CA practice, we can design and create a permanent crown in a single visit so you can go home with a fully functional bite. Our team values your time and strives to provide treatment that is both efficient and high-quality.
Dental crowns are one of many options available to restore damaged teeth. While dental implants and bridges can replace entire teeth and tooth-colored fillings repair cavities, a dental crown shields an existing tooth by covering the entire visible surface from the gum line up. A dental crown can protect teeth from further damage, strengthen worn teeth and restore teeth after a root canal procedure. A dental crown covers the entire visible portion of a compromised tooth, giving it greater strength and protection from further damage.
- In addition to their convenience, same-day crowns provide a number of benefits, including: More accurate, comfortable fit
- Digital impressions are precise and highly detailed. As a result, our measurements are more accurate and the resulting fit of the crown is more comfortable and need less adjustment.
- Metal-free options
- Metal expands and contracts with fluctuating temperatures, which can undermine the strength of a dental crown restoration. Porcelain, on the other hand, maintains a consistent shape regardless of air temperature.
- No temporary dental crown
- By eliminating the waiting period between taking impressions and placing the final crown, Dr. Craig removes the need for ill-fitting, temporary dental crowns that can come loose quickly due to their poor fitting.
- Natural-looking results
- The smooth, translucent quality of porcelain mimics the shade and texture of natural enamel on real teeth. This material provides incredibly lifelike results. While both traditional and same-day crowns have a similar lifespan, same-day crowns allow patients to begin enjoying the benefits of that durability much sooner.
After administering a local anesthetic to help keep you comfortable, the dentist will first trim the enamel a bit to make room for the new dental crown. Once a sufficient amount of enamel has been removed to compensate for the thickness of the dental crown, we take digital impressions of the tooth. Our CEREC machine will use these digital scans to design a digital model of the new crown that closely matches your natural tooth. The dentist can then select the right shade of porcelain that matches and blends with your natural teeth.
After the dental crown has been milled, the dentist can place the crown to check its fit. Any adjustments can be made at this time. If no modifications are needed, your dentist can bond the same-day crown in place to reveal your fully functional smile.